Are you interested in selling your house fast and for top dollar?
If the answer is 'YES', then you need to get it ready to look and feel its best. The concept of Home Staging is not new and is used extensively in the USA and Western Canada to market real estate.
These Home Staging tips cover some of the things you can easily do yourself at a minimal cost.
1. Before you do anything, you have to stop thinking of your house as a HOME and start thinking about it as an investment, for which you want the largest return possible.
2. If you do not have pictures that show your house at its best, you are probably missing out on dozens, if not hundreds of potential buyers.
3. Curb appeal (or, lack of there) can deter a visitor from wanting to pursuit. The exterior of your house has to be clean and taken care of.
4. Buyers want to see space, above anything else. You have to declutter, so the visitors can focus on the house and not on your stuff.
5. Chipped paint, loose or missing tiles, broken door handle, a closet door that does not quite close properly can become a BIG turnoff for a potential buyer. Fix!
6. Painting is the cheapest way to transform a room! Repaint main rooms in fresh, neutral colors.
7. Refresh and update. Simple things such as a new bed ensemble, a few decorative pillows and two nice table lamps will transform a bedroom.
8. Make the house as neutral as possible to please a variety of potential buyers and their lifestyle and taste.
9. Make sure there is sufficient light in every room- you can not have too much light!
10. Space optimization and proper furniture and accessories placement is essential. It will give a home a warm and appealing look and feel and create the WOW factor.
So, a small effort will pay of at the sale time. Stage your house-sell your house WELL!